Which versions of Mac and Windows are supported?
Reikan FoCal is designed for computers running Windows and Mac OSX with the following specifications:
- Core 2 Duo at 2GHz or similar specification (or more powerful)
- 2GB RAM (3GB or greater recommended)
- Screen resolution of 1024×768 (1280×1024 or greater recommended)
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Mac: OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra*
- Mac: macOS 10.13 High Sierra officially supported for Nikon (full Canon support coming soon!)
- FoCal licence allows access to run on both Windows and Mac platforms
FoCal can run with a less powerful CPU however some operations may run slowly.
* Please note OS X 10.12 Sierra with certain Canon dSLR cameras may require a work-round at the connection stage, see blog entry Reikan FoCal 2.4 MR1 for details. The current version of FoCal is designed to work with Sierra, older versions of FoCal will not work with Sierra (Sierra did not exist when they were released).